In-Class and Distance Learning Programs
In March 2020, ArtReach began pivoting our traditional in-class programs to Distanced Learning. Our live, pre-recorded, and written lesson plans have been crafted holistically to fit the educational and emotional needs of students during the COVID-19 pandemic.
ArtReach provides high quality arts education programs that address Social Emotional Learning with the general health and wellness of students. During these difficult times, ArtReach’s teaching goals are focused on creating safety and expression for each student by fostering community, connections, and relationships in the virtual classroom. All students suffered when classrooms, student relationships, and support systems were upended with school closures. Now is the time to provide artmaking as a conduit to help students process and express feelings, foster community with their peers, and experience self-esteem building activities through creative thinking and doing.
What can ArtReach do to help ignite creativity in the students you serve during these difficult times? What are your school and community’s creative needs? How can we use art to bring more health, wellness, self-care, comfort, and emotional security to your students?
- Distance Learning: Pre-recorded lessons or live lessons via Zoom using simple household materials. There’s something hopeful about the ordinary objects a child sees every day decontextualized into a found-object sculpture they create for themselves, telling a story about who they are today and who they want to be for themselves and others. For information on Distance Learning, click here.
- Artist Kits: Individual art lessons packaged up with new art supplies, ready to be picked up or delivered to your school for distribution to students. These can be paired with distance learning lessons or followed along with included printed lesson plans, no technology needed.
- Distance Murals: After gathering student ideas and imagery, our professional mural artists design an original artwork to be cut up and delivered, piece by piece for students to paint at home while following along via Zoom classes. The completed mural will be reassembled and installed by our staff at your site. Alternately, individual works of art can be collaboratively installed on a chain-link fence, creating a mural with movement that covers a larger or longer space. For information on the ArtReach Mural Program, click here.
- On Campus: Outdoor arts (mosaic, up-cycled sculpture, mural painting, paper making, fiber arts, clay, drawing from life, botanical illustration, etc.) in public spaces with socially distanced small groups. For information on After School Programs, click here.
- Supported Learning Goals: Social Emotional Learning, Health and Wellness, Art History, STEAM, IB, VAPA Standards, Middle and High School Science, Math, and Literature. Our highly skilled and experienced Teaching Artists re-contextualize art in many different disciplines, proving its accessibility and relevance to all strands of education and higher learning. Let’s design something that fits your needs!
Inquire About an ArtReach Program
Contact Brooke Benedix, Program Manager at email@example.com.